Strong, Healthy & Just: Springfield Climate Action and Resilience Plan
Partners for a Healthier Community is working with the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission (PVPC) and Arise for Social Justice on outreach and engagement of residents and key stakeholders. In addition to residents, we will be working to solicit input from leaders of local businesses, academic institutions, and community-based organizations about their concerns, suggestions, and best practices on how to reduce energy use and make Springfield a resilient, healthy city.
After a series of public meetings, the City of Springfield has finalized its climate action plan. The new plan: Strong, Healthy, and Just: Springfield Climate Action and Resilience Plan is available online.
Also, be sure to check out the city's dedicated dashboard at www.ResilientSpringfield.org where you can explore the plan and track its progress.
Stay tuned for events this fall as the implementation of the plan begins.
- Final Plan
- Learn about the current use of energy and emssions in Springfield
Greenhouse Gas Emission Summary
- Find out what neighborhoods and communities are most vulnerable
Social Vulnerability maps
Geographic Vulnerability maps
Learn more about the process
- PVPC Climate Action & Resilience Plan background documents
- Springfield Climate Justice Coalition
- Climate Change Risk Analysis: Assessment of Future Natural Disaster Threats and Impact on Springfield (Partners for a Healthier Community, 2015)